[3830] NAQP RTTY VE5KS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 21 20:04:17 EDT 2013

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: VE5KS
Operator(s): VE5KS
Station: VE5KS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    0     0
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total:  111    54  Total Score = 5,994

Club:

Team:

Comments:

What a problem filled contest. I lost the first 2 hours due to some connection
issues (between the computer and radio), then things started out ok for the
next 90 minutes but then no one could hear me. It took me about 4 hours to
figure out that something in the configuration of my MMTTY program had changed.
I could hear everyone S9+20 but they could not hear me (very frustrating).
I got that problem solved and started working stations, when it was time to
switch to 40 and 80 meters, my G5RV would not tune at all. I ended up using my
Cushcraft A3S on 40 and made a few contacts. Thanks to all of those 14 stations
that heard my weak signal.
All my problems were because it disassembled my station to take out for field
day and the RAC Canada Day contest, and this was my first time to put it all
back together and get it working. Next time I will test everything before the
beginning of the contest (lesson learned). I still had fun and thanks to all
those stations for the qso's.
See you in the next contest.

73
John VE5KS

Rig: Kenwood TS 140S
Ant: Cushcraft A3S @ 40 ft, G5RV (inverted Vee-- did not work)
Software: MMTTY
Hardware: Dell computer with Rigblaster Advantage