[3830] CWopsT K4BAI HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 25 08:06:58 EDT 2013

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jul 25

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA/USA

  160:    0     0
   80:   17     4
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  103    63  Total Score = 6,489

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.  We had a very strong
thunderstorm with high winds about 4 PM Wednesday.  Lots of tree limbs down in
the yard. Fortunately, the only antenna damage seems to have been to a 160M
antenna not presently in use.  The CWT was a great relief after hours of yard
work after the storm abated.  QRN was still present on the low bands, but
wasn't too bad this time.  15M was excellent at the start with good signals
from most of the country, not just the west coast where the strongest signals
were.  20M was good to most of the US and to Europe, but there were very few
Europeans awake and interested in CWT.  No DX heard on 40, but the band was
good to US and Canada.  Rate dropped quickly when I went to 80M and I felt weak
there although the output and SWR seemed normal.  Thanks for all QSOs.  73,
John, K4BAI.