[3830] IOTA VA7ST SO12CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 28 11:54:54 EDT 2013

                    IOTA Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SO12CW HP
QTH:

   40:   41      10
   20:  193      33
   15:    4       1
Total:  238      44       0        0  Total Score = 56,408

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

N1MM says 10.5 hours on, but that included at least three "nearly
hour-long" breaks, so I operated about 7 actual hours.

Bands were in poor shape anywhere near the polar path, but DX contacts were
available with some hard work to pull them through. 20M was open to Europe
through Saturday until after midnight 0700z.

Once again, with the notable exception of a few who pointed their antennas
westward occasionally, Japan was not present in this one. Just 4 JAs but 6 ZLs
-- tells the story. What a wealth of 15-pointers not participating.

Had a great time and despite conditions being in the terlet, ended up with a
second-best-ever outing. Looks like 2007 was quite a year, compared to every
year since.

One more week of vacation -- once the new deck is finished (80 percent done
now), it's on to some major improvements to the wire antenna far in the woods.
Plans include yet another attempt to put up something useful for 160M, and
expanding the twin-vertical 80M array into a triangle of wire verticals. If
either one of these projects actually gets done in this heat, I'll be most
happy and surprised.

See many of you in NAQP CW.

-- Bud VA7ST

Year  Category  QSOs  IOTA    Score