[3830] IOTA VK2CZ SO12SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 28 18:44:03 EDT 2013

                    IOTA Contest

Call: VK2CZ
Operator(s): VK2CZ
Station: VK2CZ

Class: SO12SSB HP
QTH: Sydney - VK
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:                     0
   40:                     0
   20:                   100
   15:                    27
   10:                     2
Total:   0        0      129      41  Total Score = 9,144

Club: Manly Warringah Radio Society

Comments:

Lots of ad-hoc operating periods, with the bulk of QSO's on 20m and 15m. Very
little on 10m, and probable the TH7DX antenna I use contributes to the poor
observations on 10m, and to me it sounds only marginally better than a dipole.

I was surprised by the number of non-island stations, and even one island
station handing out 'summits on the air... that's a new one for me to follow up
after this.

Highlight was working Bermuda in between the NA and EU stations creating a wall
of QRM.

Always great to hear some of the usual gang on air, and some I met at Dayton
earlier in the year.  Regards, David Burger