[3830] IOTA NE1RD/1 SO12SSB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 28 20:37:10 EDT 2013

                    IOTA Contest

Call: NE1RD/1
Operator(s): NE1RD
Station: NE1RD/1

Class: SO12SSB QRP
QTH: NA148

   20:                     9       4
   15:                    17       2
Total:   0        0       26       6  Total Score = 858

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Beautiful sun fell on Georges Island during our trip. I wasn't able to reserve a
campsite so I was limited by the ferry schedule. My KX3 was powered by a single
27 Watt solar panel and a small Goal Zero Sherpa 50 power unit. The sun kept it
completely charged (meaning I ran off the energy supply by the panel for the
whole day). I was impressed. Antenna was a TW Traveler 10-20 vertical dipole
with remote band switching. QRP with tough band conditions is always a
challenge. For those who took the time to dig me out I was happy to reward them
with a new multiplier. Let's all hope condx are better next year!