[3830] IOTA TM2BI Multi-Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 29 03:37:16 EDT 2013

                    IOTA Contest

Call: TM2BI
Operator(s): F4FDA F4FHZ F4FFZ F5CBQ F5PHW F6DZD F5JNE
Station: TM2BI

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: BELLE ILE EU048

   80:  116       23      67       21
   40:  194       44     197       46
   20:  362       52     289       42
   15:  121       30     136       27
   10:   98       17      54       15
Total:  891      166     743      151  Total Score = 4,056,015

Hello.

Second participation to this contest for F6KPQ's team.
Last time in 2011, we were using only loop antennas and verticals.
We made 1039 QSO and 1 700 000 points.

This year we had :
- 100 watts only.
- 1 spiderbeam 5 bands at 8 meters up
- 1 beam 10-15-20 at 6 meters up
- 1 wire GP for 40 home made
- 1 wire GP for 80 home made
- 2 K3 elecraft
- Wintest
- A lot of motivation

Not easy to get multipliers with 100 watts, even with a beam. There were many
people this year. It was really difficult to be heard in Asia and we lost time
to get asian mult and some EU mult saturday.

Propagation was not very good on high bands saturday and we had terrific static
noise on 40-80 due to big thunderstorms on the area. 20 was great.
A good opening on 15 and 10 meters sunday, but due to TWO big thunderstorms and
heavy wind, we had to get down the two beams sunday morning during 2 hours.
And during 45 minutes, we had to turn off all equipments.
So we lost about 90 minutes of pilup.

A very good contest, but it will be better for island dxpedtion to send only
iota reference in the report, instead of iota reference and serial number. It's
too long.

We had a lot of fun, good pilup, good dx.

Some pictures will be updated soon on : http://iota.f6kpq.org/news.html
Online log also updated soon on : http://iota.f6kpq.org/qsl.html

73 de F5PHW Phil and all F6KPQ's team.