[3830] ARRL June VHF K4LY Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 10 11:23:58 EDT 2013

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K4LY
Operator(s): K4LY
Station: K4LY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM85  SC

  1.2:    6     4
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  261   129  Total Score = 41,151

Club: Carolina DX association

Comments:

Seldom in all the many decades of operating the June VHF contest have I failed
to work at least 100 grids on 6m!  Tropo wasn't good either.  The rigs and
antennas all worked well despite lack of recent maintenance. On 6M played
contest with new TS-590 interfaced to N1MM, but I used other rigs for other
bands and found I couldn't use computer control on 6M AND enter other band
contacts, so everything was entered manually, usually from my scratch pad, with
the normal mistakes a 72 year old would make!.  Back to the manual to study N1MM
again!  I need to replace my 222 beam that lost the reflector and get the 902
and 2394 antennas back up on a tower before the UHF test.
Thanks for the Qs. Still enjoying the hobby.