[3830] ARRL June VHF K9CT Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 10 12:24:50 EDT 2013

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9ZO K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: IL

    6:  324   128
  903:    5     5
  1.2:    8     7
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  505   237  Total Score = 139,356

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was half the contest of last year...propagation just never favored us.
Ralph and I tried everything but this was the best we could do and have fun
too.

We made 9 2m FM and 2 223 FM QSOs and explained the contest to those favoring
us with a QSO. We made 33 EME and MS QSOs adding many grids and mults to our 2m
score. First year for EME QSOs. We had an additional 5 element 6m yagi to add to
the mix.

We had twice as many qsos last year and the lack of qsos was directly related
to the quiet 6 meter bands. I think that also affected the rest of the bands as
people would be disappointed and then shut the radios off and leave.

Negatives encountered this weekend....

Propagation
Magic smoke coming out of two ICE lightning protection devices...says 3K PEP
but evidently not...amplifiers kick out and QSOs interrupted.
New RFI from some new neighborhood device...thank goodness for K3 NB
adjustments. (it went away Sunday afternoon, but probably did not affect our
score at all)
Blew the front end out of the 2m DEMI xvtr after aiming the EME array at the
tropo stack....ooops!

Positives...

Fun
Had some good times moving qsos from band to band...Ralph and I got this down.

1296 was pretty good...everything worked
We kept at 902 and 1296 with several hams and made it after rescheduled times.

EME was very fruitful. Despite not the best condx, we had quite a bit of luck.

Thanks for the qsos...

See everyone on the air for Field Day!

73, Craig K9CT
www.k9ct.us