[3830] ARRL June VHF NR5M Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 10 18:06:46 EDT 2013

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): NR5M
Station: NR5M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Hempstead, Texas

    6:  883   225
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  883   225  Total Score = 198,675

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Station was in reconfiguration mode and the moon was up when 6m was most likely
to be active so I elected to focus exclusively on 6m this time. In retrospect,
I would have had lots of time when 2m EME would have been more productive than
6m during the moon windows (but guessing those times would have been tricky).

There were periods of 6 meter Es openings where the rate was quite high on
Sunday (late morning/early afternoon) but the band closed early and opened
late.  This resulted in some pretty boring periods of "repeat" CQing.
 I quit several hours early--so I hope I didn't miss anything late in the test.

Thanks for the Q's and apologies to those persevering souls who eventually
worked me through the line noise to the North and the rain static (in multiple
directions) on some of the (top) antennas on Sunday.  At least the rain
eventually washed the power poles and stopped the line noise (a little late for
the best rate period).

All-in-all I was pleased with the station performance and, for once, nothing
failed this time on VHF!

I hope to be back on multiple bands for CQ vhf.

Thanks for the Q's!

George, NR5M