[3830] TBDC VE9AA Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 16 17:15:34 EDT 2013

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN66

Total:  QSOs = 15  Total Score = 65

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Static was moderate to bad here on the inverted L.
Loudest "DX" with ultra FB ears goes to Herb, KV4FZ...got me on the
first call. :-)
Did hear Mike F5IN quite well @ 529-539 (real) but could not get his attn.
I called it quits when there were no new stations to work after sweeping the
bands a number of times, with CQ's interspersed for 5-7 minutes a couple
times.

Interesting anecdote.  There was NO WAY I could convince N1SZ I was
VE"9"AA.....he had me as VE4AA and even though I never EVER at any
time gave my grid square, that was it....he was determined. LOL...I am sorry to
poke fun, but you were 559 here (real) and after the usual trying to correct my
call by sending "ve9aa ve9aa ve9aa", I was sending VE9999999999AA and
99999999AA and 999999999 and VE9AA VE9AA VE9AA VE9AA VE9AA VE9AA VE999999AA (and
at all different speeds). He did stick with me quite some time (5-6 minutes each
time) so I give him props for that. Even locked up my logging program one time
(not sure how) and had to reboot and came back 5 minutes later to try the same
spiel all over again.  I am sorry my friend. Again....just da facts. I am sure
you had wicked QRN and maybe I was really weak. HI.

73 de all that got on.

Mike VE9AA IC7410, MLA2500, Inverted L, N1MM