[3830] All Asian CW K1TN SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 16 20:24:19 EDT 2013

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Wisconsin

Total:  129   110  Total Score = 14,190

135-foot doublet at 30 feet AGL; 500 watts.

I don't have software for this contest so do not have multiplier breakdown. And
the total multiplier is probably a little off. One of the great things about
modern Cabrillo Contesting is that the contest sponsors do have the software to
figure out your log.

15 Meters was pretty good. What I would give for even a small triband beam on
the roof. Wisconsin is not optimum for any DX contest, but I do get a kick out
of once in a while beating a West Coast station to the east, and an East Coast
station to the west.

All S&P except for one CQ on 20 and one on 15. I'm just not loud enough to
attract any attention.

To me, in this contest every contact was real DX -- distance. That includes all
the JA and UA0 stations, too. Pretty cool to work China (4 of them), Thailand
(2), UAE, Mongolia (2 bands), Philippines.

True to form, I called 9M6XRO twice before I remembered that's Oceania. Sorry!

Jim Cain
At The K1TN/9 Superstation