[3830] All Asian CW VE7ACN(@VE7UF) M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 17 05:58:33 EDT 2013

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: VE7ACN
Operator(s): VE7JH VE7ACN VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: M/M HP
QTH: IOTA NA36 Courtenay

   40:  411   114
   20:  739   202
   15:  758   212
Total: 2051   602  Total Score = 1,320,788

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

During the last WPX CW contest VE7ACN, VE7JH and myself decided to inter the
2013 AA CW as a M/M.  It has been to many years since my station has gone
all-out in the AA CW.

VE7ACN arrived the day before the contest to help with installing 3 new 5
element 10M monoband antennas.  He is right at home on my 170 foot tower. We
only got one installed but we tested the other 2 and refined the installation
method.  The station is equipped with a 1956 1 ton Ford bucket truck with
hydraulics which is helpfull for antenna work.

The bands were as expected (fair) the first day but poor on 20 and 15 Saturday
until near dark to JA.  Fifteen and 20 were open to JA Sunday but activity was
low since we worked most workable stations before.  We only made a few Qs on 10
just before the contest ended and zero Qs on 160.  Toward the end of the second
night we heard a loud POP like an amplifier power supply filter capacitor
blowing up and never did find the cause.  We managed to have operators on the
open bands most of the time which left us short on sleep, but still going
strong.  We are happy with the score.  Out thanks go to all that called.

73, Duane VE7UF