[3830] ARRL FD NW3H 1E LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 23 14:19:50 EDT 2013

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: NW3H
Operator(s): NW3H
Station: NW3H

Class: 1E LP
QTH: Skippack, PA

  160:    0      0      0
   80:    0      0      0
   40:   71      2      0
   20:   27      0      0
   15:   53      7      0
   10:    8      2      0
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  159     11      0  Total Score = 1,184

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This was my first contest using my newly installed tri-band beam (Mosley mini
32a at about 30 feet).  It is planned to get the beam higher in the next couple
weeks but the performance of the beam was great!  The rotator wiring was damaged
during install which will be fixed shortly as well so I had to go out and manual
rotate my mast.  Some weird propagation this FD.  I was mostly pointed WSW but
at times was working New England from the back of my beam with short skip.  For
the first time during FD I stuck mostly to CW.  I still laugh at the notion of
me loving CW.  My prior efforts were all SSB during FD but honestly I just can
not take the barrage of "please copy" that you get on Phone.
Listening to the phone bands shows how much need there is for adequate teaching
of hams who are not familiar with passing "traffic" or information as
in a contest. I remember once upon a time I was one of those please copy
people.  Someone told me while working a pileup to cut out the please copy.  A
very valuable lesson. It is just a hot mess on phone so this year as I was
mostly testing the beam I stuck with CW.  Guess 2013 for me is the year of CW!
It is now my preferred mode.  Phone gives me a headache.  Total points scored
was 656 plus bonus points brings me to 1184.  That is an improvement over 2012.
 No Murphy visits to the shack this year thankfully.  See everyone in IARU in
three weeks.  73 and thanks for the QSOs.

Rig: Icom IC-7600
Antennas: Mosley Mini-32a, 80/40 meter dipole
Logger: N3FJP Field Day Contact Log Version 4.0