[3830] ARRL FD K6CSL 1D LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 24 01:19:44 EDT 2013

  903:    0     0       0
  1.2:    0     0       0
  2.3:    0     0       0
  3.4:    0     0       0
  5.7:    0     0       0
  10G:    0     0       0
  24G:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  146     0       0  Total Score = 584

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Saturday was great. I thought I might actually set a new station record for
Field Day. I determined to operate straight through until 18:00UTC Sunday.
However after dawn on Sunday things started to go sour. A quick look at current
Solar Data gave me the reason why. A solar storm with the "A" Index at
14. I would call stations only to have them drop out before I could complete the
QSO. By the time I closed, with my last contact, at 17:01:41, I was also being
frustrated by the number of 1D stations calling CQ. When I am operating 1D, as
a courtesy to other 1D stations I don't call CQ. I remain strictly S&P. It
is so frustrating to answer a call and find out it is another 1D station. I
wish the practice of 1D stations calling CQ could be officially discouraged. It
got continuously worse as 18:00UTC time drew closer. A thank you to all of the
ops who made my 146 QSO's. Bert, K6CSL