[3830] ARRLDX SSB SJ2W M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 3 19:41:39 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: SJ2W
Operator(s): SA0AZT SM0W SM2LIY SM2WMV
Station: SJ2W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Da Traesk

  160:    0     0
   20: 1382    61
Total: 2219   202  Total Score = 1,344,714

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

SM0W had planned a work trip up north and asked if he could join and do ARRL. I
had not planned any operation but I said yes and we did our best. However
propagation's were horrible and after the first night/morning we had 69 qsos
(!).

SA0AZT also joined SM0W on the trip north and did a good job along with the
regular SM2LIY.

It got better on Sunday but the lowbands were really bad and 10m didn't really
open up towards north american except for a few sporadic openings via aurora
and side scatter to south america.

160m: 39m vert
 80m: 4-SQ
 40m: 3/3el
 20m: 6/6/6el
 15m: 6/6el
 10m: 6/6el + 6el @46m

Rig: 2xFT1000MKV
Amp: ACOM 2000A (Sponsored by Ojojoj Music AB) + 4CX1500B

http://www.sj2w.se/contest/