[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4SVO SOSB/20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 3 21:41:32 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4SVO
Operator(s): W4SVO
Station: W4SVO

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: SFL

   20: 1259   108
Total: 1259   108  Total Score = 407,916

Three contests in a roll, takes a toll on the body. Especially when you are also
in the middle of renovating a kitchen. Anyway just hard to stay motivated. Plus
hard to work contests with a lot of hours as I also take care of my 93 year old
mother by myself. So I do what I can do. Had some great moments with YB0's
calling me over the poll with antenna to Europe. On Friday night working VK's
and ZL's and have FR4 call me off back of beam! Then on Sat nite get a over the
poll opening hearing JT5DX S9plus and many Asiatic Russian Countries. But the
topper was calling CQ aroud 14283 and hearing a station below me causing me
some problems. So I go down there and it is TX5K opening up on 20. He has no
takers and I call him 5kcs up and ask him if he can work me in the contest and
he says 59500! What about that. First one in the log!!! Cu in CQ WPX1 Mark
W4SVO.