[3830] ARRLDX SSB CS2C(@CT1JLZ) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 4 06:28:21 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: CS2C
Operator(s): OK1RF, OK1RI, OK4PA
Station: CT1JLZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Porto Covo

   20: 1148    60
   15: 1484    59
   10: 1221    53
-------------------
Total: 5562   316  Total Score = 5,272,776

My 4-th visit with my buddy OK1RF in CT. This time we came together with OK4PA
mainly to help with repairs to the station after the damage by heavy winds in
January and if we will be ready - to try once more in ARRL Phone M/S. Both
tower with 40m+10m Yagis and vertical for 160+80m were broken on the ground. We
managed to repair and re-erect both, but no 3el on 40m â€" only rotary dipole
for 40 was up. The repaired 10m Yagi went up. Also 15m Yagi on another tower
was broken so it went down and up again. It is as you all know easily written
but not so easily done. Well, all was working in Friday, we even managed to
erect 160m long beverage, so were ready for the contest.

The propagation was as expected. 10m was decent but even from European most
south-west QTH (not mentioning Azores ….) 10m never opened completely,
Northwest (WA,OR, MT,UT, BC,AB never made it through). Sunday was overall much
better than Saturday. Considering the situation we are happy with the result.

Hope to hear you again in next contest.

73 ! Jiri OK1RI for the group.