[3830] ARRLDX SSB K3FT SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 4 13:48:40 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3FT
Operator(s): K3FT
Station: K3FT

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 28:30

  160:    0     0
Total:  807   305  Total Score = 738,405

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

An interesting challenge before and during the contest based on the conditions.
I found 20M to be noisy, 40 M was worse and 80 M was generally fine.  I expected
10M to be not great but it was the third highest number behind 15M and 20M
respectively.  The SFI was 113 at best and the A index was higher than I would
have liked around 11-13.  It made a real negative difference in reception.
There were no lack of complaints world wide.

I also found that my close up vision is not as good as it used to be. So I have
to deal with that.  Also, noise and poorer conditions make you dig deeper into
your radio's abilities for fixes, the k3 shines in this area.  You never learn
from something that works!!

Nothing major in station issues except a loose PL259 connector in the shack
that gave my AL-1200 some fits but I soon found that.

All in all, it was fun and that is what it should be.

73
Dave K3FT