[3830] CORRECTION: ARRLDX SSB W2PV(@WW1WW) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 5 09:57:05 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2PV
Operator(s): K1DG, WC1M, KM3T, K5ZD
Station: WW1WW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NH

   20: 1229   123
   15: 1541   125
Total: 4615   557  Total Score = 7,709,994

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wow, what a weekend. First off, thanks to Woody WW1WW for letting us invade the
Battleship NH station for the weekend. Scotty K0DQ greatly prefers CW over SSB
so that enabled us to plan
a little multi-op effort for the weekend. Woody is truly an engineer's
engineer
and settles for nothing less than excellence in his station. We experienced no
technical failures of any
type. Everything worked perfectly!

It was a real pleasure to be able to sign the W2PV call this weekend. Doug
K1DG
was one of the original W2PV operators and this was a real trip down memory
lane
for him this
weekend. For guys like me who only got started in 1980, well, all I remember
is
hearing W2PV on the bands and working many stations I could not hear. I
thought,
wow, it would be cool to
do that one day. So it was a pretty cool experience that brought back memories
for all of us, including many DX stations who checked in and were happy to
hear
the call on the air. Lots
of pleasant memories for all.

Conditions were a bit subdued on Friday night and we didn't know what the
weekend would end up holding for propagation. But Saturday was great on the
high bands and Sunday was even
better. So it all worked out in the end.

We were neck and neck with the K1LZ M/S until Saturday afternoon when we began
pulling away. Fortunately we were able to maintain and expand that lead until
the end of the contest. This
would appear to be a new USA M/S record. Congrats to the K1LZ for a super job
and for breaking their own record as well.

Thanks to all the DX stations who graciously show up for this event - it's
certainly a different contest than CQWW and doesn't attract as large a crowd
as
CQWW, but it attracts enough
and provides for great activity levels on the bands. Thanks to all of you!

73,
Dave KM3T for the team

Antennas:

Tower 1 - 200' rotatable tower: 4/4el Yagis on 40 meters; six stack of 6el
Yagis on 10m
Tower 2 - 200' rotatable tower: 6/6el Yagis on 20m; 6/6/6el Yagis on 15m;
6/6el
Yagis on 10m.
Tower 3 - 200' rotatable tower: 3 el 40m Yagi @ 187'; 6/6el Yagis on 20m,
6/6el
Yagis on 15m; 6/6el on 10m

Two phased verticals (160m transmit antenna)
Two delta loops (80m transmit antenna)
Receive antenna (160/80m): 8-circle active receive array, 2el active array
(160m only), Beverages (NE and West)

Inside the shack:

Radio 1:  IC-7800 (main transmitter)
Radio 2:  IC-7800 (only used for spotting)
Amplifier: Homebrew solid-state amp (1500W) by WW1WW
Logging: Win-Test 4.10

Best 60-minute rate (non-clock hour):  261/hour
Best 120-minute rate (non-clock hour): 238/hour

W2PV Rate Sheet - ARRL DX Phone 2013
All bands - All modes
QSOs (with dupes) - By time

| Hr |   QSOs   |
-----------------
| 00 |      114 |
| 01 |      105 |
| 02 |       58 |
| 03 |       86 |
| 04 |       57 |
| 05 |       45 |
| 06 |       48 |
| 07 |       25 |
| 08 |       23 |
| 09 |       28 |
| 10 |      127 |
| 11 |      176 |
| 12 |      255 |
| 13 |      168 |
| 14 |      178 |
| 15 |      204 |
| 16 |      120 |
| 17 |       93 |
| 18 |      123 |
| 19 |      147 |
| 20 |      105 |
| 21 |      156 |
| 22 |      122 |
| 23 |       76 |
| 00 |       52 |
| 01 |       40 |
| 02 |       25 |
| 03 |       45 |
| 04 |       23 |
| 05 |       29 |
| 06 |       57 |
| 07 |       49 |
| 08 |       12 |
| 09 |       30 |
| 10 |       93 |
| 11 |      121 |
| 12 |      210 |
| 13 |      134 |
| 14 |      153 |
| 15 |      126 |
| 16 |      157 |
| 17 |      186 |
| 18 |      129 |
| 19 |      109 |
| 20 |       99 |
| 21 |       63 |
| 22 |       60 |
| 23 |       68 |
-----------------
|    |     4709 |

Congrats to the following 6-band QSO stations:
8P5A 9A1A 9A1P 9A7A C6ANM CR2X CS2C DK6XZ E7DX EA1BXJ EB3CW ED1R EF8R EI2CN
EI7M EI9E G5W HD2A HI3K HK1NA II9P LZ9W OL5Y P40P P49Y PI4TUE PJ2T PJ4G RL3A
TI8M TM6M TO22C UU7J V26M VP5H VP9I

and also congrats to the following 5-band QSO stations:

5Q1A 9A3XV CE3CT DJ6OZ DK1QH DK8NI DL0DX DL5ZBA DL8ZAW EA4EER EA7RU ED3B EF8U
EI9HX EU1A EW2A F1RHS F4BKV F5BEG G3VAO GT8IOM GX0FUN HA30S HA6NL HB9CXZ HB9EP
HF9Q HG7T HK3JJH IB1B IB2Z
IK3ORD IO5O IQ2DN IR1A IR2C IZ3KKE IZ5EBL IZ5ILJ IZ5YHD J88DR KP2M LN8W LP1H
LX1ER LX7I M8C NH7A NP2N OA4SS OE9MON OK2BFN OK6Y OM0M OM3GI OO7P OP4K PI4DX
PS2T PX2C PY1ON RU1A S52WW S56A
SG0X SJ2W SK3BG SP1NY SP7VTQ TM1E TM1T TM7X TX5K US5D UW5U V31VJ V31Y VP2EC
VP2V/KE2VB XE7S YN5Z YO3CZW YO4RIU YO5OHO YO9HP YP7P YU0T ZM1A ZZ2T