[3830] ARRLDX SSB LX7I(LX2A) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 5 12:38:17 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: LX7I
Operator(s): LX2A
Station: LX2A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

   40: 1125    51
   20: 1240    58
   15: 1473    60
Total: 5175   289  Total Score = 4,486,725

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

This was a great contest, thanks for all the QSOs.
On Sunday a 2 hour break became a 6 hour break which was the reason why I
missed some QSOs.
Congratulations also to CR2X, his score is incredible. Surely my QTH is not the
ideal QTH in europe and every km closer to USA helps a lot.

Last year I spend a huge amount of time in building and putting up new
antennas.

As I was not satisfied with the performance of commercial products, I started
to build my own antennas with the help of YU7EF who designed the antennas. The
antennas are heavy duty and survived the harsh weather conditions at our QTH.

Antennas used in the contest were:
10M: 6/6/6el with 10M Booms and spaced 10M
15M: 6/6  with 15M Booms and spaced 10M
20M: 5/5 with 15M Booms and spaced 15M
40M: OB4-40 4el
80M: OB2-80 2el
160M: T-vertical

200m Beverage to NA.

Antennas performed all well except on 40M where we had a problem and I also
plan to replace them by homemade antennas.

As I build nearly all the antennas myself, it took me a huge amount of time
last year to finish 9 new beams for LX7I.

Some more improvements are planned for this year especially for the 2 other
directions JA and EU. 3 more beams will be added to the setup.

cu in the next contests, a lot of friends will visit my station and will be
active as LX7I,

73s de Philippe LX2A / LX7I