[3830] Rus DX LN8W(LB1GB) SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 19 16:33:02 EDT 2013

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: LN8W
Operator(s): LB1GB
Station: LA8W

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Skantebygda

  160:   188     5       36        32
   80:   299    66       51        47
   40:   428    82       57        60
   20:   388   163       62        60
   15:   311    20       60        43
   10:    85     1       46        31
Total:  1699   337      312       273  Total Score = 7,275,060

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

I felt fresh Saturday morning when driveing down to the station. I would
normally drive down the day before to get as much sleep as possible before the
contest, but I'd worked the graveyard shift the whole week so I wanted to spend
some time the family on Friday night. I would "regret" this choice Sunday
morning.

I arrived just 2 hours before contest start and barely got setup when the clock
turned 12:00z.

This is my very first RDXC and got some tips from my good buddy Olav LB8IB who
had done the contest several times. All were good tips I'm sure, but the condx
wouldn't play along this weekend to make good use of them.

Saturday played well. Enjoyed the CW pileups and pretty good conditions.

Sunday morning was the worst ever for me. Not only did we suffer from a massive
CME, but I have never ever been so tired in my contesting career. I've done 48
hours straight in CQWW and felt better than this. Not even a walk outside in
minus 5C(23F) helped. I found myself falling a sleep for a few seconds between
every QSO. Drousyness like this usually goes away after 30-60 minutes or so,
but not this time. It went on for more than 3 hours. I'm sorry for keeping you
waiting from time to time. It was just me taking micro naps :-) More than once
I had to hit "wipe" to clean the call sign entry window of a series of
DDDDDDDDDDDD's.

Sunday also gave us a CME. Thank you sun!

Apart from the struggles I had lots of fun.

10 meters opened up a bit late on me Sunday, but I was able to pick around 15
new multiplier the last 15 minutes.

I encourage everyone to put their score on cqcontest.ru. It's fun watching the
progress during the course of the contest.

This time I followed and even changed positions with ES5TV and OH8X in the
beginning, but Tonno ran away as usual.

I kept up with OH8X for a long time till he got an opening on Sunday I never
got or found, leaving me behind till the end.

I was not deliberately hiding my QSO count or anything on cqcontest.ru.
Writelog or Unipost somehow decided for it self that my score was sufficient
info. Restart and deletion of unipost.ini did not help. It made me look very
secretive, but the logger/poster was doing this against my will.

Again I was the only one on the scoreboard using Writelog :-/

73 Bjorn LB1GB
http://la8w.com