[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Mar 29 08:15:47 EDT 2013

                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 29

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0:27

  160:   0      0
   80:   5      5
   40:  19     11
   20:  10      5
Total:  34     21  Total Score = 714

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 5W, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.  20M was great in the minutes
leading up to the start of the NS, but faded quickly.  Worked only 6,7, and 0
stations, but did hear W1UJ and KW8N.  40M was pretty good.  Don't know about
skip zone.  Only 4 area station heard was K1GU and Ned was weak on 40.  80M was
pretty good, but I am a long way away from most of the other participants. Had a
computer problem that caused me to miss the last three minutes on 80.  I don't
like the dupes allowed nights, particularly when combined with QRP.  It might
be fun if a local station was participating, and we could have a lot of QSOs
with each other.  But, for me last night, it just meant getting beat out over
and over again to stations who would be a new multiplier if they would just
stop working each other and listen for a new caller.  Next Thursday night, from
0100 to 0230Z, I will be a fox in the 80M QRP fox hunt between 3550 and 3570
kHz. So, as a warm up for next weeks NCCC NS, leave your power at 5W and hunt
for me and the other QRP fox.   Then, don't forget to run your power back up to
100W.   73, John, K4BAI.