[3830] WPX SSB K9CT M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 31 20:35:07 EDT 2013

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT K9PW K9ZO KB9UWU WE9V
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL

   40: 1027
   20: 1832
   15: 1234

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Our goal was to break the W9 M/2 record. We accomplished the goal but had no
idea it would be possible after the first few hours. Propagation was difficult
and the low bands were noisy with storms in the area. Thankfully, the bands
improved steadily as prop improved. No real rate on any bands but still had
some good runs. Lots of surprises with some good openings over the pole on the
second evening.

Pete, K9PW joined the team for the first time. We had a solid team but could
have used one more person. Easter holiday affected everyone's plans to some
degree and made it more difficult to nail down the team members. Not  the best
weekend for this contest.

Thanks for the QSOs and fun on the bands. We are looking forward to the cw
weekend.

73, Craig K9CT