[3830] WPX SSB VE7JH SO(A)AB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 31 21:35:02 EDT 2013

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7JH
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7JH

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Crofton, BC
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I put a 3el tribander up on my 30' tower Friday afternoon. I though something
was wrong with it, I heard virtually no one in the first few hours on 20, 15 or
10m, so instead of radio I watched the Canucks lose to the Oilers.
Saturday morning I put my 20m dipole back up to compare it to the Yagi and
that's when the bands finally started to play.
Operated on and off between chores around the house, tried to give out a few
contacts to the big guns. There were some pretty impressive serial numbers out
there.
Sunday morning was great towards Europe.
Thanks for all the stations who heard my barefoot Icom-706.