[3830] WPX SSB AK6W(@N6RO) M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 31 21:35:24 EDT 2013

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AK6W
Operator(s): JN3JFQ K3EST K6AW N6BV N6RO WA6O WX5S
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: OAKLEY, CA

   40: 1235
   20: 1031
   15: 1804

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Friday nite condx were awful; no JAs on 10 or 15m, but got some EU on 40m.  160m
had high absorbtion and T-storm noise, little activity.  Saturday was better on
the high bands, with s nice opening over the pole on 20m after sunset.  We had
6M points at the halfway point, so projected abt. 12M for a final score.  But
Sunday found 10, 15, 20m in good shape, we finally got some EU mults, and rates
were good, despite the Easter holiday.  Masa JN3NFQ did the JA runs on 40 and
15m, increasing the Asian totals significantly (24% of QSOs)!  All in all, a
fine team effort.

Setup: 4 stations (one was SO2R); five K3s, two AL-1200s, LK550, Alpha 76 and
70.  Yagi stacks, wire 4-squares; Wintest, two cats, bottle of Sake.

N6RO