[3830] WPX SSB NX6T(@W6HCD) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 31 21:40:40 EDT 2013

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): N6KI N6ERD AF6WF K6KAL K6GO NA6MB NN6X N6EEG W2PWS
Station: W6HCD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

San Diego Contest Club Ops found QSOs to sparse compared to last years Club
record of over 2500, whereas this year, conditions held us to 1735 Qs. 15 and
40 Mtrs were the money bands and we could never get anything going on 20 meters
and many times were calling into the ether and hearing EU stations who could not
hear us and we know we have good performing Antennas and Radios. JAs were sparse
and no really big runs and we are thinking that the contest falling on Ester
weekend played a role besides mediocre conditions and we all felt like finding
QSOs or good runs at times was akin to finding Easter Eggs that were hidden by
very devious sadistic adults !  Played with a new TS-590S and found it to be a
very capable contest radio and definitely a poor man's K3. It seemed that
adjacent station interference was not as good as our no9rmal K3 radio but it
wasn't a show stopper and seldom did we not pull a QSO through due to adjacent
interference. ACOM 2000A amp, 2 portable tower trailers ( 70 and 40 footers
with a 3 El SteppIR and 2 El 40 Yagis on each and used 80 and 160 mtr dipoles
at 70 ft apex. Happy Easter de N6KI