[3830] WPX SSB WC6H M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 31 21:44:08 EDT 2013

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WC6H
Operator(s): WC6H N6RC N6TV WX6V K6ST G3ZVW
Station: WC6H

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CA

   40: 1055
   20: 1637
   15: 1050

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Very poor conditions at the start, with zero JAs worked on 15.  Saturday
morning, N6TV's K3 receiver went dead, perhaps due to signal overload on the
tribander (no bandpass filters here, just stubs), but fortunately we had a
backup K3 from K6ST to put in place.  Then Saturday night, a large lightning
storm passed through, and we had to shut down for about 35 minutes.  Finally on
Sunday, the power went out for another 30 minutes, perhaps due to the local
utility making lightning repairs!

All in all conditions did improve throughout the entire weekend, which meant
that things sped up rather than slowed down.

73,
Bob N6TV
(for WC6H)