[3830] NewEngQP KX9X/M SO Mobile LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 5 20:08:18 EDT 2013

                    New England QSO Party

Call: KX9X/M
Operator(s): KX9X
Station: KX9X

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH:

   80:      0        0
   40:     21        0
   20:    198      160
   15:      7        0
   10:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    266      160  Mults = 62  Total Score = 37,820

Club: Laird Campbell Memorial HQ Operators Club

Comments:

Couldn't enter this full-time due to commitments on Saturday, so I was a Sunday
Driver.  WX was just exactly perfect and it was a great day for a drive. Poked
around a bit Saturday night from my parking lot in HARCT, but nothing serious
until Sunday.

Started in NLNCT. Found a boat launch on the sound and drove to within 20 feet
of salt water. Stuck around for an hour, drove 20 minutes to Misquamicut State
Beach in WSHRI, right on the water again. Worked a bunch of folks, when K9YC
calls in and sends, "Your radio sounds awful." D'oh. I'd turned off
the engine and pushed the +12v too hard. Started the car and all was FB, but
had to deal with engine noise. Oh well. Lots of common problems to address if I
decide I want to be more serious about mobile operation, but it was nice to just
grab the rig and some hamsticks and go. Simplicity is very underrated.

In PRORI, I was at a little pond across from a church in Foster. An older
couple drops by to walk their dog. "Whatcha doing?" they ask. I
explain. The XYL looks very interested. "Really? Bob does CB, but he's not
having fun anymore. You sure look like you're having fun!" I gave them some
ARRL pamphlets I had brought in case of such encounters, gave Bob a QSL card,
and he left very excited and curious.

WINCT was from NN1N's driveway. He lives on the tallest hill around. Thanks for
the Diet Coke, Carol; it was the best one I had all day.

Finished in HARCT in the ARRL parking lot. Ran out of steam with an hour left.
Sorry if you missed MIDCT, NHVCT or LITCT.

Thanks to K9PG for keeping me entertained.

Multi-QSO folks:

N4PN - 11
K9PG - 9
WA1FCN - 7
NF4A - 6
N2WN - 6
K9CT - 5 (all 3 bands)
K0LUZ - 5
K9YC - 4

Best DX: 9H1XT

All in all, I had fun, enjoyed the drive and handed out some counties to the
more serious competitors. Hope I gave you a new mult.

73,

Sean