[3830] InQP W9I M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu May 23 16:42:19 EDT 2013

                    Indiana QSO Party

Call: W9I
Operator(s): W9NIO K4ZLE AA8HH K8DV
Station: W9I

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Switzerland

  160:    0      0
   80:  141     55
   15:   30      5
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  609    598  CW Mults = 107  Ph Mults = 123  Total Score = 415,200

For 2013 again W9I was on from Switzerland County with a team of four W9NIO,
K4ZLE, AA8HH and K8DV hit Fred’s W9NIO QTH about 9:30AM with a car load of
equipment.  After about 2 hours of getting coax ran from Fred’s workshop to
his house to tie into his regular station antennas, setting up the stations and
getting the network up and running for the log we were ready to go.  Made the
decision that W9NIO would start out on 40 meter SSB, K4ZLE on 40 meter CW and
AA8HH on 20 SSB and I floated around to each station to make sure there were no
issues or problems.  I am glad to say other than one small computer problem and
a RF problem with the MicroHam CW Keyer which we were able to correct both
fairly quickly with little loss in operating time.

When the clock struck NOON we were off and running and the contacts started
pouring in and it was not long before we had the first 100 in the log.  Weather
in Switzerland County unlike a lot of the state that day was partly sunny with
the temperature hanging around the 70 mark do not know how we missed the rain
but we did.  The made a effort to get into as many logs as many times as we
could and listening up for the mobiles all day.  A word about the mobiles, the
team from W9I appreciates the effort and time that all the mobiles, rover and
portable stations put in and glad to have most of you in our log several times
and thank you again for all the QSO’s.

The station line up at W9I:

Elecraft K3 with KPA500 making contacts on 80/40/15 both CW and SSB.
Icom 756 PRO III with Ameritron ALS600 contacts on 40 and 80 both CW and SSB.
Kenwood TS-570 barefoot contacts on 20 both CW and SSB.

Antennas:

4 element tribander
Flat top multiband dipole
inverted vee mutlband

We also used N1MM logger networked to all 3 stations making any rig capable of
working any band or mode with was much better for us than last year running two
stations not networked with one CW and one SSB.

By mid afternoon the crew at W9I had already past our score from last year and
was on our way to doubling our goal.  The crew was able to keep the 100 per
hour rate going throughout the party which kept all three stations busy.  By
all accounts the InQP was a great success and the crew at W9I is glad to have
been part of the party.

The score break down for W9I before log checking.

1207 CW and SSB QSO’s combined for 1805 QSO points with 230 multipliers for
grand total of 415, 200 Points.

Thanks to all for the QSO’s and hope to be back next year from Switzerland
County as talk has already started.  Now have to start planning for defending
our M/M win in the Ohio QSO Party in 2012.  Hope you will join us on August 24,
2013 NOON to Midnight for the Ohio QSO Party.

73,

Dave, K8DV

W9I 2013 Indiana QSO Party â€" Switzerland County

Operators: W9NIO, K4ZLE, AA8HH and K8DV