[3830] WPX CW NS1L(W4SVO) SO(A)SB40 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 26 20:24:48 EDT 2013

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NS1L
Operator(s): W4SVO
Station: W4SVO

Class: SO(A)SB40 HP
QTH: SFL

   40: 1068

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

On Friday lowered crankup tower and worked on 40 mtr rotatable dipole. It was
resonant at 7.252. SWR was 2.4 at low end. Added 8 inches to both sides which
end up resonating at 7.120. SWR 1.3 now low end of 40. I was going to do 10,
but cndx were not good so decided to see if I could break W3UA/1 2005 record. I
ended up almost 300,000 points above record. So will have to wait for log
checking. Best dx was BY5CD and 9M6XRO. Also the RU9 over the pole Sat evening.
Anyway if I only had a 2el @105 feet., instead of 52 foot rotatable dipole at 70
feet. Of course being on water and 2.5 miles from atlantic ocean does help. Mark
W4SVO