[3830] WPX CW KW7Y(K7RL) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 26 21:29:37 EDT 2013

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KW7Y
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: WA

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Conditions were brutal the first 36 hours with almost ZERO heard from EU. I
thought this might turn into a North American one pointer-fest, but 20m, 40m,
and 80m to JA saved the day (and night). With 12 hours to go, 15m and 20m
finally opened to EU and I managed to fill the log with those wonderfully
exotic 3 point EU call signs that quickly helped pump up the score.

As the high bands slumped, I had no choice but to stagger my breaks around key
band openings during the night and day. It's not ideal for getting any
substantive sleep, but did put me in a position to take advantage of Sunday's
opening, hoping the solar storm's death grip on conditions would subside.

As always, thank you to all the great operators around the world for making
this contest so much fun.

73 de Mitch, K7RL