[3830] WPX CW N1EN SO(A)AB(R) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 26 22:18:07 EDT 2013

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N1EN
Operator(s): N1EN
Station: N1EN

Class: SO(A)AB(R) LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I sure wish that old Sol would check the contest calendar before deciding to eat
something that will give him indigestion.  How high did that A index get?

At last 40 was wonderful Friday night with lots of tasty 6 pointers to be had,
and 80 was pretty good Saturday night.  The ionosphere seemed to settle down
just in time Sunday afternoon for a few folks to go break out their club calls.
  It's a good thing that this is an everybody-works-everybody contest, as the
daylight hours of Saturday and Sunday morning would have been dull without 1
pointers to keep things moving.

More Q's this year than last (1049 vs 933), but a lower point-per-Q rate (2.74
vs 2.81) and fewer multipliers (528 vs 615) mean a claimed score of almost 100k
less.   We'll see how log-checking goes -- this is my third WPX; 2 years ago I
participated only 9 days after my first CW QSO.  Hopefully, the LCR report this
year will look better than past years'.

I did fall short of my usual "DXCC in a weekend" goal, with only 91
countries worked, but considering conditions that's still not bad for 100 watts
and a couple of wires.

Thanks for the Q's, especially from WW4E and NR4M who suffered through my
contacts on 6 bands.