[3830] WPX CW 3V8BB(KF5EYY) SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 27 16:02:36 EDT 2013

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: 3V8BB
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 3V8BB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Tunis
Operating Time (hrs): 30h30

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

I never imagined condx will be that bad although the begining of the contest was
promising with sustained pileups on 40 and 20. The first daylight hours revealed
the truth with a clearly noticed decline in propagation conditions... Quick
glance at Spaceweather.com gave more explanation: "Earth's magnetic field
is still reverberating from a CME strike on May 24th. The glancing blow around
1800 UT sparked at least three episodes of polar geomagnetic storming (Kp=5) on
May 24-25"...

Not only this, daylight revealed another truth; all the QSOs I made on 20 were
from the back of my antenna which, again, stuck beaming to south!
I was planning to make as much operating hours as I can in Day 1 so I can leave
back home (250km far) early on Sunday, but... God's plans were different!

I allowed myself to take breaks knowing that Day 2 can NEVER be worse! Indeed,
40m remained good, 80m was too noisy with low activity. The back of my 20m
antenna brought me few more QSOs.
15 and 10 were "back to life" but still disapointing!

All aside, the contest was a real joy... Thanks to all participants for the
lovely QSOS!!
Look forward to the next ones "insh'Allah"!

PS: Logs will be uploaded to LotW. QSL via LX1NO.

73

Ash, KF5EYY
President of Association des Radio Amateurs Tunisiens "ARAT"
www.kf5eyy.info