[3830] WPX CW M3W(G4FAL) SOSB40 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue May 28 06:06:43 EDT 2013

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: M3W
Operator(s): G4FAL
Station: M3W

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: JO03CI
Operating Time (hrs): 35h37

   40: 1347

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

I operated with a four-square and a dipole at 70ft (the four-square was at
ground level!) . I used the dipole mainly in daylight and the four-square
mainly in darkness - but darkness is for a short time in May in the North of
England.  Propagation to NA did not last long enough for a very high score -
need a higher proportion of 6 point contacts! The solar disturbance may have
influenced 40m but there was no black-out - just a bit of a quiet spell early
on Sunday morning.  Radio is FTDX5000 with an amplifier.  I was aiming for 2.5M
- which I achieved as a claimed score - but it won't survive adjudication.

As this way my first attempt at 40m SB in WPX I don't really know whether
conditions were good or bad. I was disappointed to not work any JAs and few 6
point station apart from NA. I have great respect for G3LNS, who set a record
of 2,500,400 in 1993 for this band. Next year I will aim to have another shot
at this one, with a target to beat.