[3830] WPX CW PS2T M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed May 29 01:46:59 EDT 2013

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: PS2T
Operator(s): OK1DSZ PY2NDX PY2YU
Station: PS2T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Araraquara

   20: 1532
   15: 2501
   10: 1537

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

This time, PS2T had a really international team.
Among the 5 operators, there were citizens of 4 different countries:
  Marko, N5ZO (PY2ZZO, ZD8O, etc.) representing USA;
  Zdenek, OK1DSZ (OL0W, C5A, etc.) from Czech Republic;
  Ville,  OH2MM (PY2ZEA, OH0E, etc.) from Finland;
  Rafa, PY2NDX & Tom, PY2YU from Brazil, the PY team for WRTC next year.

We agree with the comments already made by many others on the propagation.
It was bad. Our target was the M2 PY record of 35M but we had to settle for
just 30M.

The real-time scoreboard is great. We had a tight race with CR3L (congrats,
they won). It was very stimulating to follow the growth of scores in
http://cqcontest.ru/view/videoscore.php
Hopefully more stations will join this innovative facility in the future.

The feeling among our operators was pleasant and fraternal. Old friendships
were strengthened and new ones were created. In contesting, this social aspect
is certainly more important than the actual outcome of the event.

TNX to Atilano, PY5EG (PP5EG, PT5T, etc.) for the opportunity to operate at his
well-equipped station and for providing us with a five-star-class full-pension
at the QTH.
We are also grateful to Danilo, PU2RSD, who had prepared the station in such a
way that Mr. Murphy had no way to trouble us.

TNX to you all for this one - cu all in the next one!

On the behalf of the PS2T team,
Ville,  PY2ZEA  OH2MM