[3830] WPX CW ED3T(EA3AKY) SOSB10 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu May 30 16:06:51 EDT 2013

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: ED3T
Operator(s): EA3AKY
Station: EA3AKY

Class: SOSB10 HP
QTH: JN11AK

After the good results I got last year I decided to try again on 10 m SOSB.
Well, i had only the 10 meters yagi up here, so I had few chances to go on
other bands...

Friday evening I had good signals from NA and I went to sleep waiting for good
condx at the morning.

I got up at 04 gmt expecting hundreds of UAs, Asian and JA stations. I turned
on my k3 and beamed my 5 el LFA to NE. Eh? what happens? nothing on the band?
all is ok? Yes it was ok, and no signals at all. I checked sfi and a indexes,
and, my god!, A around 30s... what a disaster. It was a nice morning: nil at
05z, nil at 06z (i heard a VK3 and a 4X but i didn't want to spend one hour for
two qsos), ..., and finally I started doing qsos at 09z getting 7 in one hour,
great rate!

Well, the propagation was horrible, bad F2 to SW/S/SE, occasional E's link on
saturday, finishing at 100 qsos level.

Sunday was a bit better, arriving to the "incredible" number of 369
qsos (I did 1300 last year), with several BY, VK, ZL, and only 4 NA :-(

Thanks to all who called me or worked me on 10m, it was nice to work all you in
spite these bad propagation and I hope to hear you again next year.

Rig: K3 + ACOM 1000
Ant: 5 el LFA @ 20 m agl

73 Josep EA3AKY / ED3T