[3830] SS CW K9MMS SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 3 23:13:35 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

K3 on the bench for repair.  Used the IC-756PRO3 at 100 watts.  Yagis for 10-20
meters, yagi and dipole for 40 meters, and inverted V dipole for 80 meters.

About 9 hours S&P and about 3 hours in CQ mode (only one CQ run -- Sunday
afternoon).  Spent a lot of time S&P chasing mults via cluster spots.

Due to other activities, I did not start until after 2300 UTC Saturday.  Went
QRT Saturday after 7.2 hours S&P at QSO 163 -- only needed WV, EWA, and QC
for a sweep.  I did not get back on until about 2015 UTC on Sunday, and I
worked QC and EWA after about 25 minutes of searching.  After 1.5 hours of
searching, WV was still elusive, so I made a single CQ run for nearly 3 hours.
WV called in after about 30 QSOs into the CQ run at QSO 221 (2 more called in
later).  I was then going to call it quits, but decided stay in CQ mode to
reach 300.    Then I thought about another 100, so after reaching 400 Qs, I
quit around 0100 UTC Monday.

Thanks for the Qs and Ms.
73,
    Gary