[3830] SS CW N4KG SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 3 23:49:43 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: ALA

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

I wasn't going to enter this event but then decided I needed more practice with
N1MM before using it in the CQ WW CW DX Contest in a few weeks.  Good thing I
did!  I learned more about using some of the 'interesting' features, identified
a CW LSB/USB issue (which I resolved by reversing the default in the Radio), and
created a mysterious loss of data (calls and frequencies) for stations in the
"available multipliers" box.  Also need to figure out how to edit the
Sent Number as an erroneous frequency/band was logged for my first contact and
then I just 'duped' that QSO with the correct band data which offset my (hand
sent) numbering.  Still need to get the CW interface working with my (older)
Icom756PROiii.

Only 3 QSOs from CQs, the most interesting being VE2AWR who I heard answer
someone so I moved up half a KHz, called CQ, and he called me, followed by a
VE3.

SNJ SFL WCF WTX ONN were the last 5 sections worked.
Lots of KH KL VE VO VY stations.
Picked up NE on 15M and ND on 10M.
Hope they upload their logs to LoTW to complete 15M LoTW WAS.
Still need DE and WV on 10M CW LoTW.

Station Equipment:  Icom756PRO III to B(and)W Amplifier (800W out w80W drive)
80M Sloper from 130 ft to NE, 80M Wire Vertical
40M Corner-Fed Delta Loop facing E-W
TH7 at 40 ft plus D3 dipole fixed JA/SA

Tom N4KG in North Alabama