[3830] SS CW VE7XF SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 4 00:26:53 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: near Vancouver

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Pretty good balance between bands, by chance not by design.
The hard mults last year were easier this year.

How come the NT and MAR provinces are all lumped together, and ON is divided?

This is the only contest that I operate 'assisted', and I spent most of my time
hunting for sections (gotta get the cup!). I went to bed Saturday night needing
QC (very hard to find) and EWA (very hard to work).

It took me until 2000z (QSO #501) to get EWA, the last one. I had heard a few
earlier, but couldn't break the pileups. Much harder to work the more westerly
stations, who are beaming east. Of course I then worked two other EWAs.
I managed more than one Q with all but NE and NL.

Once #83 was in the bag, I had a nice lunch and spent the remainder of the time
running and clicking until the clock ran out.

As usual, 80m is pretty much unusable because of the neighbourhood plasma TVs.
Can't somebody DO something about them?

Now it's back to DXing, and 10m AM with my Ranger and NC-303.

Ralph, VE7XF

N1MM, K3, KPA500, Steppir, wires.