[3830] SS CW W6K(@N6GEO) Multi-Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 4 01:11:35 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W6K
Operator(s): WQ6X N6GEO
Station: N6GEO

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: Brentwood, Ca.

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

W6K Sweepstakes 2013 was another collaboration between WQ6X & N6GEO from
George's  QTH in Brentwood, Ca.

Our idea of running both a FLEX-1000 & FLEX-1500 was sidelined at the last
moment so we dropped the FLEX-1500 in favor of the FLEX-1000 with CW Skimmer.
The skimmer certainly made for more effective S&P operations.  While
running a frequency, seeing new stations popup was very handy.

We ran the FLEX-1000 into a pair of amps giving us 145 watts of pure power into
a TH3-Jr and 6-BTV vertical. While we had no doubts that we would achieve a
clean sweep, Vermont almost got away from us.  VE stations were plentiful this
year; especially from VE3. Amazingly, there was a dearth of VE6 & VE7
stations - wassup with that?

The solar flux remained at a steady 142 with no major radio blackouts.  Let's
hope we will have similar conditions for SS Phone.

 Ron
 WQ6X