[3830] SS CW VE3RCN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 4 10:56:51 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE3RCN
Operator(s): VE3RCN
Station: VE3RCN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Welland, ON
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Missed VT. This was going to be my best SSCW ever, but MURPHY took the form of
unruly College students who decided to party next door (over a hundred in a
newly built half duplex residence...what are landlords thinking renting out a
new house to four first-year students???). Had to stand guard duty as they were
hurling bottles into our yard near the vehicles. It was getting out of hand at
1130pm. Finally at 2 am they decided to start fighting in our driveway and
front yard, creating property damage. Had to continue standing guard duty
protecting our property after the police departed. Violence continued in the
morning when the hung over parties caught me photographing the damage and I had
empties hurled at me. I expect more damage next weekend when the drinking
commences (unless it rains or snows). Time to move. Thanks for letting me vent
on my soapbox here.