[3830] SS CW WU3U Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 4 11:41:42 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WU3U
Operator(s): WU3U
Station: WU3U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EPA

Club: Mifflin County ARC

Comments:

Hello All DE WU3U (Tim in Philadelphia, PA),

This was my first serious attempt at SS CW in years after finally buying my own
home recently.

However, I live in a city row home and don't have space for monster antennas
and unless I become very friendly with my neighbors whose houses my dream
tribander's elements would hang - I cannot put up a beam!

All the antennas used for this effort were wire dipoles...and the 40 meter
dipole is bent into an upside down U shape to fit the space.  I resonate it on
80 meters with loading coils at either end and it's about 40 feet off the
ground.

I used the 40 meter antenna on 15 meters and from the same feed point, I feed
20 and 10 meter dipoles.

And it was rough going in there with basic antennas like these!

But I had a blast, operated a little over 22 hours...was exhausted at the end
but satisfied that I did the best I could with my "pipsqueak"
hardware.

Hope all had as much fun as I did!

73 all,

Tim
WU3U
"Amateur Radio in the Heart of South Philly"