[3830] SS CW NR5M(K5GA) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 4 12:22:37 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: NR5M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STx

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

My goal was to beat or at least get close to N5RZ this year but that didn't
happen. Congrats Gator and congrats to N6TV, N9RV, N0NI, WD0T, etc etc for the
big scores.

I used Win-Test for the first time for SS and there is a conflict with the
SPACEBAR when using the SS Exchange Box and when you have a 2nd radio Q lined
up in the SO2R window. This caused big problems for me in the first few hours
until I figured out a way around it on the run so that I could finally SO2R. So
I had no SO2R contacts until around 0300Z. Also I lost probably 7 or 8 Qs due to
lost information while I was fumbling around with this issue. Just shows you
can't sit down to a new logging program and compete. Practice makes perfect and
I'll get with N6TV to get educated on how not to have the above mentioned
problem.

Otherwise another fun weekend operating my favorite contest.

Thanks to George for the use of his station and keeping me fed.