[3830] SS CW W2RQ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 4 12:40:47 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W2RQ
Operator(s): W2RQ
Station: W2RQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NNJ

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

First time in a couple of years that I've had much time for SS (last year no
power at all for the weekend after Hurricane Sandy).

Not much working here at this time, including either of my amps, so decided to

just operate low power and see how it went.  No 40 meter antenna, either, so I
put a low inverted vee up just before start of contest.

Was very pleasantly surprised by the results (conditions and participation
seemed very good).  Was on ambulance call Saturday night and did a 5-hour
standby at a charity race Sunday morning (we had 3 emergencies very poorly
timed on Saturday night...oh well), so I operated when I could.

My apologies for the 2 or 3 stations that I worked who did not end up in my
log, as the logging program closed unexpectedly several times, in those cases
after the stations had left the frequency.

Much fun, and looking forward to doing it again next year with a working
station.