[3830] SS CW N9CO SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 4 19:58:27 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N9CO
Operator(s): N9CO
Station: N9CO

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Great conditions here.  Bands were (seemingly) all open at once, and except for
the last hour here on 80m, very quiet.  Secured the sweep early Sunday morning
when I worked a W6 in SB.  Every SS has a last section, and I don't recall a
time when it was in 6-land for me.

I used the RBN exclusively, and with the proper cluster filter commands, I
limited the spots to those heard in W9 and parts of W8.  Along with some other
filter commands, the RBN spots very well behaved.  The obvious busted calls
were, when I listened, caused by very poor sending by the operator, such as
having little or no space between the callsign and "SS" at the end,
i.e., "N9COSS".  Another example was the operator sending the prosign
K at the end of his call with little or no spacing.

Operating Unlimited with the RBN is really loads of fun, especially when
finding a good run freq is difficult.  Many times I had S&P rate clearing
the bandmap that rivaled my runs.  I've done this for a few years now, and it
is something different that makes things interesting, at least for me.

Lots of high scores out there.  Congrats to all the Big Dogs.  You know who you
are.  Thanks to everyone for playing radio with me this weekend.  I had a
blast!

73,
Charlie  N9CO