[3830] SS CW N8II Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 5 20:06:50 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Each to his own, but SS CW which has never been one of my favorites is even less
so now. The long exchange is just too tedious to for me to derive much pleasure
from operating. Also finding new stations S&P after making 300 QSO's forces
you to weed thru the same guys CQ'ing.
  On the positive side conditions were quite good with even KS/OK/NTX booming
in on 10 CW during our afternoon and backscatter so good that even I received a
good number of scatter callers on 20 and 10. I had some nice runs, but as usual
around lunch time Sunday was pretty slow. I ran about 60 stations on 10 around
18-19Z.
  My tip for the beginners as well as seasoned veterans is ask for a fill
whenever you have the least doubt you have copied something wrong. I was pretty
sure I had it right, but double checking about 80% of the time I was wrong!
Also, PLEASE do not send the full exchange again when a fill for one item is
requested.
  Thanks for the calls and the patience, pile ups were very orderly by and
large. See you for some real contest fun in the CQWW CW and ARRL 10 M test.

73, Jeff