[3830] SS CW N4BP SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 6 09:52:03 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4BP
Operator(s): N4BP
Station: N4BP

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SFL

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Lost some momentum early Saturday evening by going to 40M too soon.
QSYed back up to 20M and got some rate back.  Achieved my goal of
700 QSOs before taking some sleep time, but only took three hours before
getting back on.  At the break, I was missing only NE for the sweep.  Sunday
morning, N1MM Logger showed me K0NE in bright red so figured it was cinched.
QSYed to the spot freq and found fellow FCGer K5KG running there!  Sunday
afternoon, I saw another red spot in the band-map and worked W0KT for the
sweep.  Later, I did find K0NE for a backup. For me, 15M was the money band
with 40M a close second.  My station always seems to be mediocre on 20M.  10M
was fun, but not busy enough to warrant spending any extended time.  At my
advancing age, I was pleased to make the sweep and top last year's totals by
fifty QSOs.