[3830] OK/OM DX VE9AA SOSB/10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 10 07:04:52 EST 2013

                    OK/OM DX Contest, CW

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 2:39

   10:  72     59
-------------------
Total:  72     59  Total Score = 12,744

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Funniest moment; trying to get a certain OM stn to believe I was VE9AA in the
wee hours of Sunday morning.  (still dark here).   He was convinced,no matter
what speed I sent my call at, that I was 4E9AA.....it took going to literally
5wpm to get him to realize the 4 was really a 9.

Nice to run into Brian C4Z who was also on 10m Saturday morning.  The OK/OM's
were 519-539 at that time, but Brian was 5NN+10dB. Oh boy ! What a signal.

COndx down a bit from last year where I got a bit closer to 100 Q's.  I think a
lot were beaming east, especially on day 2, where I saw lots of spots, but heard
few stns. (to be expected...who would expect signals to come out of the dark,
really>)

Thanks

Mike VE9AA IC7410, ~500W, 5el, N1MM