[3830] WAE RTTY ON4BHQ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 12 15:13:47 EST 2013

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: ON4BHQ
Operator(s): ON4BHQ
Station: ON4BHQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: JO20at

   80:  104  104     0   120
   40:  171  171    20   144
   20:  267  267   191   132
   15:  158  158   160   110
   10:  150  150   257    88
------------------------------
Total:  850  850   628   594  Total Score = 877,932

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Love the QTC game, however N1MM acted very strange when QTCing. Calls jumped up
and down the screen, so I had to catch them with the mouse. Dunno what went
wrong, but managed to play the game as good as possible.
Very strange propagation, on sunday barely heard American stations, and then
suudenly 2 times KH6 en AL with huge signals on 20m.
First time I spent 23 hours in my shack-chair for this contest. Broke my
personal record. I should have to go for the full 36 hours, but social and
family engagements always keeps me away from the shack for such full time.
Perhaps next year? Anyway, vy pleased with my result.
Also nice Facebook chat with ON3DI, so we could fill up the gaps in the contest
and I kept him away from falling asleep :)
Tnx toall who worked me and did efforts to TX or RX QTC's.

Setup:

as I blew up the finals of my IC-7800 I could trust on my good "old"
backup radio: Yaesu FT2000
Optibeam OBW 5-10 for 20, 15 and 10 m
Dipole and MA8040Vertical for 40 and 80m
microKEYER + N1MM as always a reliable couple.

73 - Wim - ON4BHQ