[3830] SS SSB AB3IC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 17 18:54:37 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: AB3IC
Operator(s): AB3IC
Station: AB3IC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 13:00

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I really don't care for this contest - at least this SSB version.  A very long
exchange with no room for error, too many people crowded onto the band, only
working a station once regardless of band, and headaches caused by QRM and QRN.

On the plus side, I heard several comments like... "Not Another MDC"
and
"Wow - every ham in Maryland must be on the air today."

The static crashes finally drove me off the air around 6:30 on Sunday.

Despite what I said at first, I'll be back next year...  Ready for the
punishment one more time.  I improved my overall score, number of Q's and
number of sections - so I met my goal...